Sunday, June 7, 2009

my custom quilt

Here is a photo of the quilt my mother made for me. I requested it for my birthday and Christmas present last year. I had a hard time finding some of the right fabrics for it, so it took a while to finish it. I had a strong vision of what I wanted.



Since I moved into this place about 3.5 years ago, I have been slowly making my room over into a yellow and green room. I originally wanted it to be more vintage, but it was too hard to find the particular vintage daisy/fern look I had in mind. This quilt is the major piece that brings it all together. I love it! There were some fabrics my mother wasn't sure about and I had to fight her on it, but when she saw it in my bedroom, she admitted I was right and it looked perfect.



I am pretty pleased with it. I chose a simple yellow gingham for the back. I decided the stitching would look better on it and the gingham would look less dated. The stitching that is on it is in different leaf shapes.



I love it so much. My favorite gift ever from my Mom. She put so much work into it and we worked together on it since November. Thanks, Mom!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

wow, that is amazing. you really are very good at picking colors and patterns.

Sharing is Caring