Sunday, August 22, 2010

hello, I must be going

Things have been a little busy around here lately. Personal life and working takes up too large a chunk out of my blogging time! Add to that that I am getting ready for the 10th! Portland Zine Symposium.

Wow, 10 years. I went to the first one back in 2001 and was so inspired. I was already making zines, but had never connected to a zine community before and all the organizers and workshop leaders were so welcoming. I soon became friends with all those people and worked with them on planning the next 2 zine symposiums. I have tabled at all but that first one. Every year I see people I haven't seen since the last one. We say hi and awkwardly trade zines. It is weird to know someone in a way, but not really know them. Many come from all over the U.S. and other countries for the Portland Zine Symposium!

So, yeah, I can't blog long. Gotta get back to the zine making. I am working on a new issue of Imaginary Life. Here is a pic of some of the source images I pulled from my collection. Old photos and vintage wallpaper samples.

If you are in or near Portland, come on by next weekend. It's in the Gym this year, so different location. Free admission and free workshops. You can see the schedule and who is tabling here.


No comments:

Sharing is Caring