Monday, July 2, 2012

31 Days of Zines

July is International Zine Month and the folks at IZM created this cool list of zine appreciation things you can do each day of the month. I'm gonna try and do as many as I can. Here's a picture of it on my magnetic board, so everyday I can check it.





Tomorrow's suggestion is to organize your zine collection. Um, yeah, I'm not doing that. It would take days and a huge mess to find all the boxes squirreled away and to organize them.

Today's zine activity is Zine Distro Appreciation Day and I will totally take part in that.

Zine Distros are mostly singular people who start a zine business for the love of zines and want to share their favorite zines. They buy or take zines on consignment and create their own websites, table at shows and events and do their own marketing. It is definitely done for love and not money. As a zine creator it is super awesome when a distro wants to carry your zine.

I'm not very good at getting mine out to distros. I'm always running out of copies of zines and I take a long time to get to the copy store. But, here are some awesome distros that do carry my zines and lots of other great zines. Thanks so much, folks for existing and supporting zines (and me)!

Sweet Candy Distro - Sage is going to blog everyday of Zine Month. Check out her blog or like SCD on Facebook to keep up with posts.

Ms Valerie Park Distro

Things You Say Distro

Doris Distro

Parcell Press

Microcosm Publishing

I hope I didn't forget any distros that carry my zine. There is a huge list of distros available here, including distros outside the U.S.

Happy International Zine Month!


No comments:

Sharing is Caring