Sunday, April 14, 2013

Vintage Color Palettes - The Buzza Co.



This color palette is brought to us by a greeting card. This card is the kind you can stand up and you can see the cut out in the middle of her dress there, but the pleats along her waistline are also cut out. I'm not sure what it was supposed to look like all propped up, but I don't want to ruin the piece to see. I guess the person who received this felt the same way. I don;t think the recipient displayed it that way.

On the back of the card it reads:

Well old dear. I hope you have a merry 
Christmas and a happy New Year 
also that you get a lot of nice gifts.

As Ever your
Friend
Gertrude Brown

Some very springy color for a Christmas card. Such a lovely card made by The Buzza Co. in Minneapolis, USA.  No year noted, but based on the fashion, I think we can assume it's around 1930. The hex code for the colors are from top to bottom: fceb85, aba3ab, f52658, fdb5b3

No comments:

Sharing is Caring